home theater design ideas on a budget image
I know that Core 2 Duo is the standard processor now a days (well not really since Core i5 is out) and it's easy to see what processor is best when looking at a new computer/laptop.
But when I see a computer with an AMD processor inside I'm stumped. Is Turion the same as Intel Core 2 Duo? Or is Phenom it?
Or what's the correct answer? (a lengthy answer would be awesome)
If you can, what would be the AMD equivalent of Core i5?
Answer
AMD has many different families of processors, many of their performance actually overlaps each other. As such, there is no "AMD equivalent". You just need to compare their prices to get a fair idea of how well a CPU performs.
The Phenom 2 series are the latest and greatest line of AMD CPU's, having the largest combined L2 + L3 cache size, and the highest clock speeds and overclockability.
The higher clocked Phenom 2 X4's such as the 955, 965 and the 995 are the only real contenders against Intel's flagship CPU's, the Core i5 and the i7's. They also cost roughly the same (pricing above $180 ~ $200)
Athlon 2's are the second in the lead. Unlike Phenom II's, they feature a smaller combined cache size, and a lower rated TDP, and power usage which results in less heat. It's roughly equivalent to a lower end Core 2 Duo CPU.
They are priced somewhere in the mid end category, just under $100 for an Athon 2 X4 (quad core)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16819103706
These CPU's, because of their lower cache sizes, are more ideal for budget systems such as mainstream home computers, home theatre PC's and businesses. Gamers prefer Phenom 2's because of their better performance overall, and they're not overly fussed about power usage.
Turions are mobile versions of Athlon's, made specifically for laptops. Designed to be energy efficient, they sort of come very close to a middle end Core 2 Duo processor.
Turions only come in dual core flavours, and there are very few Turion SKU's.
You can see a comparison of Intel and AMD CPU's in a single chart, at http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
AMD has many different families of processors, many of their performance actually overlaps each other. As such, there is no "AMD equivalent". You just need to compare their prices to get a fair idea of how well a CPU performs.
The Phenom 2 series are the latest and greatest line of AMD CPU's, having the largest combined L2 + L3 cache size, and the highest clock speeds and overclockability.
The higher clocked Phenom 2 X4's such as the 955, 965 and the 995 are the only real contenders against Intel's flagship CPU's, the Core i5 and the i7's. They also cost roughly the same (pricing above $180 ~ $200)
Athlon 2's are the second in the lead. Unlike Phenom II's, they feature a smaller combined cache size, and a lower rated TDP, and power usage which results in less heat. It's roughly equivalent to a lower end Core 2 Duo CPU.
They are priced somewhere in the mid end category, just under $100 for an Athon 2 X4 (quad core)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16819103706
These CPU's, because of their lower cache sizes, are more ideal for budget systems such as mainstream home computers, home theatre PC's and businesses. Gamers prefer Phenom 2's because of their better performance overall, and they're not overly fussed about power usage.
Turions are mobile versions of Athlon's, made specifically for laptops. Designed to be energy efficient, they sort of come very close to a middle end Core 2 Duo processor.
Turions only come in dual core flavours, and there are very few Turion SKU's.
You can see a comparison of Intel and AMD CPU's in a single chart, at http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
Give me ideas on a hardcore video gaming room?
Fossilcree
I want to design a high end gaming room. My budget is around 10,000 dollars to buy a new computer game systems massage chair ect.
What are some really good decorating ideas. I been saving for this since I was in highschool lol
Answer
Man oh man am I jealous !
I'd go ahead and make a home theater room with a gaming bent. Surround sound, a projector, good lighting and stadium seating with just a few leather reclining couches complete with cupholders. Raise the floor a couple of inches so you can run cables under it if you have any wired controllers, but avoid wired controllers if at all possible!
I, personally, would be tempted to skip the decorating aside from a few light-blocking velvet curtains to give it a posh theater feel, and to spend all my money on high-end video, audio, and gaming systems, but with a little bit of paint it would be temping to make a game mural around the wall when the lights are up. If you have zero artistic talent and no one else in your life has any either, you could stick to classic 8-bit games like Mario Bros and just work with masking tape in a grid.
For me, a high-end source and room control would be a must. I'd have all of my lighting, audio, and source controls in a touch-panel that can be reached from the couch. I'd want a DVD player in there (or blue ray, or both), a PC, a Wii, 360, and perhaps a PS3. I've always wanted a coke machine in a guest house for entertaining, so that's something to consider, and pop corn machines will make a mess but they'll also be incredibly novel and fun for your friends.
Finally, I've always wanted a cabinet arcade machine. A Neo Geo is an obvious choice, or you can get or build one of those inexpensive PC cabinet arcades, where it's really a PC under the hood that's been modified to play with arcade style games and controls. They're incredibly versatile, which I think is important if you're only going to have one arcade machine. (And really, who can afford much more?) My friend wants me to install metal DDR pads in my imaginary dream home, but I think that's a bit much for anyone who isn't a die-hard DDR fan.
The cabinet arcade machine doesn't fit the theater theme, but it's a fantastic part of a well-rounded gaming room!
Have fun. What a great project!
Man oh man am I jealous !
I'd go ahead and make a home theater room with a gaming bent. Surround sound, a projector, good lighting and stadium seating with just a few leather reclining couches complete with cupholders. Raise the floor a couple of inches so you can run cables under it if you have any wired controllers, but avoid wired controllers if at all possible!
I, personally, would be tempted to skip the decorating aside from a few light-blocking velvet curtains to give it a posh theater feel, and to spend all my money on high-end video, audio, and gaming systems, but with a little bit of paint it would be temping to make a game mural around the wall when the lights are up. If you have zero artistic talent and no one else in your life has any either, you could stick to classic 8-bit games like Mario Bros and just work with masking tape in a grid.
For me, a high-end source and room control would be a must. I'd have all of my lighting, audio, and source controls in a touch-panel that can be reached from the couch. I'd want a DVD player in there (or blue ray, or both), a PC, a Wii, 360, and perhaps a PS3. I've always wanted a coke machine in a guest house for entertaining, so that's something to consider, and pop corn machines will make a mess but they'll also be incredibly novel and fun for your friends.
Finally, I've always wanted a cabinet arcade machine. A Neo Geo is an obvious choice, or you can get or build one of those inexpensive PC cabinet arcades, where it's really a PC under the hood that's been modified to play with arcade style games and controls. They're incredibly versatile, which I think is important if you're only going to have one arcade machine. (And really, who can afford much more?) My friend wants me to install metal DDR pads in my imaginary dream home, but I think that's a bit much for anyone who isn't a die-hard DDR fan.
The cabinet arcade machine doesn't fit the theater theme, but it's a fantastic part of a well-rounded gaming room!
Have fun. What a great project!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar