How can I connect a LCDTV to a desktop home theatre personal computer(HTPC) even if the tv...?

home theatre pc ideas
 on Google chrome para Lg T565 Nuevo metodo de internet gratis 2012 Ideas ...
home theatre pc ideas image



cipria


...does not support PC formats?
I own the LCDTV Viewsonic(3235) and I would like to use this with a home theatre personal (HTPC) desktop computer for recording from TV and FM radio stations. I also want to use the (HTPC) desktop as a digital/analog TV tuner. Do I have to purchase any electronic parts in order to make the LCDTV and HTPC compatible?



Answer
Well, if I'm correct your lcd tv has a vga input. You can hook your computer up via this input. The only thing the tv will do is act as a monitor. It is not going to help you record anything.

For recording you will need a tv tuner card for your pc. A tv tuner will allow you to watch tv as well as record tv.
There are two types of tv tuner cards. There can be digital or analog. Digital can be used to get Over the Air(OTA) broadcasts which are HD resolutions. Analog cards are used to get regular broadcasting hooked up via cable tv or antenna.

There are many tv tuner cards available. A good start would be the ATI all in wonder cards.

I think there are some cards that have both a analog and a digital tuner in one card.
Here's one such card:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2905637&Sku=H56-2010&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&CMP=OTC-GOOGLEBASE

This should have you set in your HTPC.
Here's an article that will help you build a HTPC and what components you will need.
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2186980,00.asp

It might be a little over the top, but it's a general idea of what a HTPC should be capable of.

How would I run internet from my home PC to a seperate room for a ethernet port to connect my laptop to?




kenny_g013


I'm looking to have an ethernet port (run a cord from my laptop to the wall) so I can get the internet in another room. I was wondering if it's possible to run a cord from the home PC through the wall to another room. I currently have no idea how to do this. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!


Answer
Most people when they're faced with this problem switch to wireless connection. But if you do this, research it and make sure you have security on your wireless network.

For making a new in-wall connection, you have to either:

1. Install wires from your wiring closet to the room through the walls (more details later).

2. Install wires from your wiring closet to the room via a "raceway" which is outside the walls.
Example:
http://images.cableorganizer.com/wiremold-latching-raceways/wiremold-raceway-graphic.jpg

"Wiring closet" means whichever room contains your router and/or switches. It is where all the wires connect back up to each other. An electrical example would be the room with the fusebox or circuit breaker box.
Example of a home router:
http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-WRT54G-Wireless-G-Router/dp/B00007KDVI
(You don't need to turn on the wireless capability)

In order to use option 1, you either have to have some minor carpentry and electrical skills, or you can hire someone who does. Look for someone who was an electrician, but became an installer for home theaters because the job is more fun.

You can do option 2 yourself, and you can simply use an inline connector for the cables to provide a "plug" Here's an example of the connector I mean:
http://www.provantage.com/micro-connectors-c20-110l6-10~4MCON06X.htm

Keep in mind that the distance from your router to your plug should be less than 100 meters.
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Misc/Q_21550023.html
(Scroll to the bottom of this page and then go back up for the answers.)

Here's a simple network diagram in the case where there is a server on your network.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/Sample-network-diagram.png

If you really want to run wiring through your home yourself, I recommend finding some great resources at the public library.

Also see this Yahoo Answer:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061205093838AAj9bqY




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar