Need help with building home theater?

make your own home theater seating
 on home theater seating distance | wico home
make your own home theater seating image



nmass819


I am planning on buying an optoma hd65 projector for my home theater that i am planning to build. I have an idea but it would be really helpful if someone could go over all the important equipment that you need. I really do not know what cables to get or what they all do.


Answer
Great plan and the best way by far to get a big picture. BUT, it sounds like you need to do some reading.

A home theater is much more than just cables (it typically includes seating, screen, acoustics, soundproofing, in addition to the wiring and electronics).

In terms of equipment you need the projector, one or more source devices (satellite or cable receiver, DVD or Blu-ray player, etc), an HT receiver, surround speakers, screen, cables and speaker wires, ...

You may need a ceiling mount for the projector (probably you should plan on one with the HD65). You will probably want to hide the wiring so plan on wiring channel or to install in walls.

I'm not going to go into cables in any detail ... you need to research that. But, plan on an HDMI or component cable from the receiver to the projector (depending on your equipment).

You can paint your own screen, build one (both less than $100) or buy one ($250 --> several $thousand)

See the links for some reading material to get you started.

I have built a couple of home theaters and had a lot of satisfaction doing it, BUT I spent over 6 months researching before I began the first one. Take the time to learn more before you start ... the product will be much more satisfactory than if you rush.

Why have the monster thx cables discontinued?




darin


I currently own monster thx audio and video cables for my home theater and love the performance they put out, where once purchased them are telling me they are discontinued. They now sell some cheaper version of monster in my opinion. I tried them and hated them the quality did not seem as good and the fiber optic audio did not even seat in tight.


Answer
You have to spend between $15,000 - $25,000 to have Lucas 'certify' your product so you can put "THX" on the package. Then you can not change the materials, design, etc., or you have to send the product back to Lucas for re-certification.

The "Certified" HDMI spec works the same way.

I suspect with HDMI taking over all audio and video connections - Monster decided to not bother with the price/hassle of THX certification for their analog/optical cables.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar