modern home theater design ideas image
Jona
I need to pick a major before entering college this August but I can't seem to find any majors that suits me best. I want to have my own business but majoring in management is a) not a demanding job and b) not required to own a business. Also, I want to have my own pet store where I can breed various pets and have large aquariums to house exotic fish and reptiles. But I don't want to be a veterinarian. I also like acting, but all the drama schools are musical theater about the past and I'm more into modern situations and I don't want to be in a drama class forced to act in a play I do not like. I also like building stuff, but I don't want to be a construction worker or a manager for a construction company. I like script writing but I don't want to be an editor. I don't mind writing scripts for people's ideas, however, I don't work well alone in that domain. I only excel in script writing when it comes to my own ideas. I don't like teaching about education, social jobs (social worker, law and government, presenter, etc) and I can't sing so no music class for me (surely don't want to even learn it). I like science and learning from it, but I don't want to be a scientist or biologist (and any other science-related field). I like computers for self use and not to repair and helping others with their computer problems. I like playing video games but I wouldn't want to create a video game. So I don't know what to do, I don't want to stay home doing nothing but I can't really figure out what I want to do. I like so many things but in different aspects of them which are not explored in college. Any ideas or suggestions? One more thing, most of the tests I've done (yep I done them) online for majors that suits me well states that I like hands on stuff, very creative, building, acting and anything that deals with outdoors with no social interaction. Thanks for the help!
Answer
First, you DON'T need to pick a major before starting college. I understand you want a plan, but you'll have to take general courses for the first year or two anyway, so pick a major after you try some different courses.
Take a few business courses rather than majoring in business. For example, take intro to business, entrepreneurship, marketing. You will be required to take a few science courses, so you could take biology and animal behavior. You can take an acting class or filmmaking class.
You really ought to look into engineering. It's hard, but it's the building/making and designing things side of science. You might love it. At least try an intro to engineering course to see.
As for a major, if you don't want to go into engineering and you don't like the majors offered, you can:
-- major in general studies or liberal arts. This gives you a bachelor's degree but lets you take courses in all the areas that interest you. Once you're out of school, most employers only care that you have a degree, not what it's in.
-- create your own major. If you can combine your educational and career interests into one cohesive theme, this is a great way to go. For example, you could do a degree in animal entrepreneurship and include zoology and business courses, among others.
First, you DON'T need to pick a major before starting college. I understand you want a plan, but you'll have to take general courses for the first year or two anyway, so pick a major after you try some different courses.
Take a few business courses rather than majoring in business. For example, take intro to business, entrepreneurship, marketing. You will be required to take a few science courses, so you could take biology and animal behavior. You can take an acting class or filmmaking class.
You really ought to look into engineering. It's hard, but it's the building/making and designing things side of science. You might love it. At least try an intro to engineering course to see.
As for a major, if you don't want to go into engineering and you don't like the majors offered, you can:
-- major in general studies or liberal arts. This gives you a bachelor's degree but lets you take courses in all the areas that interest you. Once you're out of school, most employers only care that you have a degree, not what it's in.
-- create your own major. If you can combine your educational and career interests into one cohesive theme, this is a great way to go. For example, you could do a degree in animal entrepreneurship and include zoology and business courses, among others.
Non-believers say that Christianity is a threat to our civilized world...?
A Voice
But I want to ask that what have they done for society who say this?
Wheras the truth is that Christians have been the salt and light in this dark sinful world...Consider the following and then decide... Don't just say that someone or something is bad just because you think it is...Church has been the largest social welfare organization in the world till now. What have the so called atheists, irrelgious & communists or other religions done for human beings???
1. The Church is the largest single provider of healthcare and education in the world, working especially in some of the poorest countries where there is no other care available. (Catholic church that is. Adding Evangelical church schools/hospitals means there is no close second provider.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role_of_the_Catholic_Church_in_Western_civilization#Education
2. The Church pioneered modern Social Work. Eg: Jane Addams
Jane Addams was the first American woman to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. Also co-founded the first settlement house in the US. The Settlement Movement sought to bridge the gap between rich and poor in society: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlement_house
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Addams
3.London Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (London SPCC)
After campaigning from SPCC and the wider Church, the UKâs first ever law to protect children from abuse and neglect came into being. See Lord Shaftsbury , Rev B. Waugh
4.
⢠Camillus de Lellis - founder of the original "Red Cross"
Thus De Lellis established the Order of Clerks Regular, Ministers to the Sick (abbreviated as M.I.), better known as the Camillians. His experience in wars led him to establish a group of health care workers who would assist soldiers on the battlefield. This was the original Red Cross, hundreds of years before the International Red Cross Organization was formed.
Members of the Order also devoted themselves to victims of Bubonic plague. A perilous work that no-one else seemed to want to do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camillus_de_Lellis#Founder
5.⢠Churches were the first orphanages
In the High Middle Ages, abandoning unwanted children finally eclipsed infanticide. Unwanted children were left at the door of church or abbey, and the clergy was assumed to take care of their upbringing. This practice also saw the birth of the first orphanages.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanticide
6.
⢠Care for the elderly and disabled in society. Christians birthed Almshouse institutions as early as the 10th century. Conditions in these Almshouses were not always good and there was a social stigma attached to them, however, Almshouses did their best to serve the local community with the little resources they had and cared for those who were abandoned by society. They were the forerunner of nursing homes and hospitals. They sought to provide care for those who were no longer able to work. Almshouses are still active today with some 2,600 in the UK alone.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almshouse
7.Pioneering free or low cost health care for the terminally ill in our society dying of cancer.
Macmillan nurses. Douglas Macmillan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Macmillan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macmillan_Cancer_Support#History
Rose Hawthorne Lathrop created the first homes/treatment centers for cancer patients in the US. St. Rose's Free Home for Incurable Cancer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_Hawthorne_Lathrop
8. ⢠Salvation Army,- disaster relief, homeless missions, charity shops, caring for poor and downtrodden in many different countries. In 1994, the Chronicle of Philanthropy, an industry publication, released the results of the largest study of charitable and non-profit organization popularity and credibility. The study showed that The Salvation Army was ranked as the 4th "most popular charity/non-profit in America" of over 100 charities researched with 47% of Americans over the age of 12 choosing Love and Like A Lot for The Salvation Army. Charity Watch rates the Salvation Army an "A-" to an "A".Founder William Booth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Booth
Answer
While I agree with your list, which proves just a fraction of the good things Christians have done for society, it's only fair to say that many non-believers have also done good things for society.
They could produce just as long a list, if they could be bothered. It's not a case of who has done the most good (for how would you quantify that?). I think the really important point is the difference that is made once people believe that all humans are created in the image of God and that we are all equal and that our lives are sacred.
A problem with the evolutionary model for humanity supposedly emerging from ape-like creatures is that the 'survival of the fittest' idea has a bad effect on human society. That is what destroys our humanity and makes people believe they are not different to animals, so why shouldn't they satisfy their lusts and appetites, no matter what happens to other people along the way? Why shouldn't they abort millions of babies? Why shouldn't they euthanize old or really sick people? Why shouldn't they use eugenics to create a superior race? But many godless people are unhappy with those things, knowing the dangers they will lead to. Christians would see the image of God in those people, even though they would deny that.
As we see godlessness increasing in some parts of society today, so we see the rise of those "survival of the fittest" ideas. Oh, they may be cleverly disguised in words designed to fool us - Friendly fire, the theater of war, mercy killing, saviour sibling and so on. But the godless ethic ultimately denies that we are created in God's likeness, and are answerable to God. That's the main difference. I think that proves where the real threat to civilization is coming from!
While I agree with your list, which proves just a fraction of the good things Christians have done for society, it's only fair to say that many non-believers have also done good things for society.
They could produce just as long a list, if they could be bothered. It's not a case of who has done the most good (for how would you quantify that?). I think the really important point is the difference that is made once people believe that all humans are created in the image of God and that we are all equal and that our lives are sacred.
A problem with the evolutionary model for humanity supposedly emerging from ape-like creatures is that the 'survival of the fittest' idea has a bad effect on human society. That is what destroys our humanity and makes people believe they are not different to animals, so why shouldn't they satisfy their lusts and appetites, no matter what happens to other people along the way? Why shouldn't they abort millions of babies? Why shouldn't they euthanize old or really sick people? Why shouldn't they use eugenics to create a superior race? But many godless people are unhappy with those things, knowing the dangers they will lead to. Christians would see the image of God in those people, even though they would deny that.
As we see godlessness increasing in some parts of society today, so we see the rise of those "survival of the fittest" ideas. Oh, they may be cleverly disguised in words designed to fool us - Friendly fire, the theater of war, mercy killing, saviour sibling and so on. But the godless ethic ultimately denies that we are created in God's likeness, and are answerable to God. That's the main difference. I think that proves where the real threat to civilization is coming from!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar