Is the home theater setup I picked out OK?

home theater flooring ideas
 on Home Theater Installation Austin | Austin AV Receiver | Theatre Room ...
home theater flooring ideas image



Chad


Hello there. I've got some questions on to what I've kinda picked out for my home theater system. I currently have a smaller sony system that I want to totally get rid of and get something alot nicer. I already purchased a set of Klipsch SS-3 rear surround speakers that I want to use (I got a great price on them). Now here's what I've got picked out so far for the rest. Polk RTi-10 floor standing speakers. Polk CSi-5 center channel. Polk PSW505 subwoofer. Now for a receiver I've got a Sony STR-DA3200ES picked out. Is that receiver big enough for what I have picked out? Or is it any good? Can you recommend another one? The reason I picked it is for the wattage, dual rooms w/ second remote and HDMI for my PS3 (which I use for Blu-Ray movies as well). But if it's not any good, I'd rather get something else. Is the system I have picked out of good quality or is there something else better for around the same amount of money. Thank you for all of your help!!


Answer
The idea is gret for your home theatre, but you should probably return some of the different parts for the sound system and just buy a home theatre in a box, which has all the same brand parts.

How would I go about designing my own home?




Tony T


I'm a man of many crazy ideas, but this one is something I'd actually like to get done some day. I'm only 18, but perhaps in the far off future, this may be possible, provided that I have the money to do so.

I want to have someone build my dream home, but I don't know where to start!

I don't think I'd have the time to pursue a degree in architectural design, haha. Instead, I may have to look for the specialists that, when pieced together, will help me achieve my dream goal. One of the things my dream home would include would be a theater and game room, complete with acoustics and visual projection accounted for. I'm also fond of minimalistic interior color schemes, like in Mirror's Edge. The exterior would be quite minimalistic as well.

I imagine I would need some electrical engineers, an architect, an interior designer, an audio engineer, a real estate agent, and so on so forth. I'm sure someone would have to be good with Auto CAD as well for the drafting.

Where would I go to look for these people? Some architectural firm? Freelancers? A company that specializes in building custom homes? Where can I go to pitch my ideas, assemble a team, and get it going?



Answer
I would suggest you start by lookingvat lots of floor plans and outside elevations. You can find these in magazines, special edition magazines on news stands that have nothing but house plans. Finally you can find lots of free plans online. These are the two things you will need to start with regardless of how you execute you project.

Depending on the jurisdiction where you plan on building you may need very detailed plans or they may only need to have the basics.

When we built this is what we did. We found a plan and elevation that we liked. We purchased a copy of the architect drawings and then I redrew them changing some room sizes, etc. From those plans we were able to get a contractor to price and build the house.

Many of the details like routing of plumbing, wiring and HVAC can be left to the subcontractors as long as they meet the required codes.

You are no likely to need an electrical engineer but you might need a civil engineer for any special requirements because of soil conditions.

Visiting with a local builder is one good way to see what all you need to do.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar