
home theater ideas for apartments image
Jared M
I want to set up a nice home theater system in my new apartment and not spend a lot of money doing so. I like the idea of a projector but how do i know the picture quality is going to be okay? Do you recommend ebay? With craigslist I can test it out before paying which is nice, but I need to know what I should be looking for when I do test it out
Answer
If you've got no experience at all with projectors, I would go down to your local home theater store and get them to demonstrate some projectors.
A decent store should have a demo room and be happy to show you some models.
You'll then get a better idea of what you are looking for.
You don't have to buy it from them!
Most new 1080p models should give a pretty good picture - so you should think about other features you might need - like the size of the image it creates? What are you projecting onto?
Projectors are great, but you generally need a very dark room to get the best of the image - so is your room suitable to black out?
If you've got no experience at all with projectors, I would go down to your local home theater store and get them to demonstrate some projectors.
A decent store should have a demo room and be happy to show you some models.
You'll then get a better idea of what you are looking for.
You don't have to buy it from them!
Most new 1080p models should give a pretty good picture - so you should think about other features you might need - like the size of the image it creates? What are you projecting onto?
Projectors are great, but you generally need a very dark room to get the best of the image - so is your room suitable to black out?
What are some good choices for speakers throughout the home?
DONZI
I went to a dealer and they introduced me to in-wall and in-ceiling speakers.
I currently own a bose lifestyle 48 home entertainment system but I want an upgrade to something better. The system is currently situated on living room but I would like to unify the whole apartment with speaker than blend in with the decor.
Could you give me names and possible links for sound system and in-wall speaker with proper sound?
I live in a apartment by the way and I don't own a tv. It is purely for music
Answer
It is a rare occasion that I use a word as strong as the word Hate. I hate when electronics do not work as advertised. When I find something that works I stick with it and expand on the idea. This is one of many options, nevertheless, I find that it all works beautifully, regularly and as I expect. The use of itunes can be the center of your musical universe. In orbit with a desktop, preferably Apple. The Apple TV a little known and limited set top box has an HDMI connection which can plug into a flat screen. Itunes can stream your music to the apple tv, a free standing set of speakers can be plugged into the Apple TV set top box and work with both the TV and the computer. Music can be streamed upstairs, downstairs, anywhere. You will have a very high level functioning home theater. The Bose Lifestyle can stay put in the living room. Your choice of speakers can be computer multimedia speakers and or a high performing clock radio. I would suggest Cambridge Soundworks. It will look right and sound big and clear. It has a built in down firing subwoofer complemented by strong speakers. It is an understated look with a bold sound. The Clock Radio can be located upstairs and connected to the Apple TV solo or in unison with a TV upstairs. This is an inexpensive option that can work very well when space is a premium.
The second option would be to purchase a ipod sound dock, like B&W Zepplin or if you want to stay in the Bose line, Bose Sounddock 10. Once again, Apple has an item called Airport. Airport streams audio anywhere and everywhere in a house. Music can be streamed to or from the Airport plug in to the Bose Lifestyle 48. This too, should be easy and will sound great. I am a big believer in working with what you have and making it the best solution it was meant to be.
You have several speaker options to review, I like this approach because it is better than cutting a hole in the ceiling and mounting speakers.
I hope this helps you find what works.
Best.
http://www.audioengineusa.com/
It is a rare occasion that I use a word as strong as the word Hate. I hate when electronics do not work as advertised. When I find something that works I stick with it and expand on the idea. This is one of many options, nevertheless, I find that it all works beautifully, regularly and as I expect. The use of itunes can be the center of your musical universe. In orbit with a desktop, preferably Apple. The Apple TV a little known and limited set top box has an HDMI connection which can plug into a flat screen. Itunes can stream your music to the apple tv, a free standing set of speakers can be plugged into the Apple TV set top box and work with both the TV and the computer. Music can be streamed upstairs, downstairs, anywhere. You will have a very high level functioning home theater. The Bose Lifestyle can stay put in the living room. Your choice of speakers can be computer multimedia speakers and or a high performing clock radio. I would suggest Cambridge Soundworks. It will look right and sound big and clear. It has a built in down firing subwoofer complemented by strong speakers. It is an understated look with a bold sound. The Clock Radio can be located upstairs and connected to the Apple TV solo or in unison with a TV upstairs. This is an inexpensive option that can work very well when space is a premium.
The second option would be to purchase a ipod sound dock, like B&W Zepplin or if you want to stay in the Bose line, Bose Sounddock 10. Once again, Apple has an item called Airport. Airport streams audio anywhere and everywhere in a house. Music can be streamed to or from the Airport plug in to the Bose Lifestyle 48. This too, should be easy and will sound great. I am a big believer in working with what you have and making it the best solution it was meant to be.
You have several speaker options to review, I like this approach because it is better than cutting a hole in the ceiling and mounting speakers.
I hope this helps you find what works.
Best.
http://www.audioengineusa.com/
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar