jacob j
ive got a surround sound home theatre 1000 watt system i need more wire so does it matter wat wire i get to when i get a spool of wire like if i have a 20 gauge wire can i get a better gauge and mix it up or do i have to have the same gauge wire?
Answer
It is always a good idea to buy the thickest wire that you can afford. If you have an 8 ohm load (speakers) then you can run a 20 AWG wire for up to 20 feet. If you are running 40 feet with 8 ohm load, then you need 16AWG. Always run one continuous pair of wires from each channel to each speaker terminal, do not splice wires together. I will attach a wire table in here so you can see the recommended AWG for each load and length. You can always go to Home Depot and buy their speaker wires for relatively cheap prices.
http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#wiretable
It is always a good idea to buy the thickest wire that you can afford. If you have an 8 ohm load (speakers) then you can run a 20 AWG wire for up to 20 feet. If you are running 40 feet with 8 ohm load, then you need 16AWG. Always run one continuous pair of wires from each channel to each speaker terminal, do not splice wires together. I will attach a wire table in here so you can see the recommended AWG for each load and length. You can always go to Home Depot and buy their speaker wires for relatively cheap prices.
http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#wiretable
Do It Yourself Home A/V-Ideas/Showoff?
Dungeon Ma
I don't know about you guys, but I love buying different audio and video and stuff, and then figuring out the best way to break it on my own by trying to set it all up into one home A/V setup. I just wanted to see if any of you guys like Do-it-yourself home theater stuff, and if you had any ideas that I could try out. Also, feel free to post pictures of your own setup, and maybe this could be like a Show of Your Sh!t forum, who knows?
Here's my dungeon:
www.flickr.com/photos/29560579@N04/
I basically bought some Logitech Z5500s and buried the speakers in my back yard and replaced them with bigger ones, cuz bigger ones are always better, ya know? I somehow then got it all to work with a lot of wires and stuff, and managed not to cause a nuclear holocaust, so I got that goin' for me. Again, any ideas/showing off is greatly appreciated, and maybe I'll pick my favorite setup as the Best Answer!
Sorry, you just have to copy and paste the link, because for some reason when I had the http// stuff in front of it that let you click on it, I wasn't able to submit the question. Thanks again!
Yeah, sorry, it's actually my bedroom, and what I'm looking for are basically just any cool ideas/stories anyone's had about setting up a home theater, and also for people to show off pictures of their own setups.
Answer
First off....fire hazard?
there are wires everywhere.
im the same way, i love dyi systems.
first off i would wrap all the wires together with ties or wire covering to make it look neater.
i would also mount the speakers on the wall
i remember my first makeshift system which had 3 speakers in one port. yea it blew within 2 minutes of playing.
i currently have the z5500 and 2 5in bookshelf speakers (cause the z5500s blow for mid range) hooked up into my laptop's soundcard through optical. i'm also using a 32in samsung as a monitor/tv.
thats my setup, i dont have any pics yet due to the fact that the only camera i have is my laptop's webcam
edit
here are the pics that i took with my cell
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33859245@N03/?saved=1
First off....fire hazard?
there are wires everywhere.
im the same way, i love dyi systems.
first off i would wrap all the wires together with ties or wire covering to make it look neater.
i would also mount the speakers on the wall
i remember my first makeshift system which had 3 speakers in one port. yea it blew within 2 minutes of playing.
i currently have the z5500 and 2 5in bookshelf speakers (cause the z5500s blow for mid range) hooked up into my laptop's soundcard through optical. i'm also using a 32in samsung as a monitor/tv.
thats my setup, i dont have any pics yet due to the fact that the only camera i have is my laptop's webcam
edit
here are the pics that i took with my cell
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33859245@N03/?saved=1
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar