Idle Home theater room size?




karuna r


I have a 25ft long and 10 ft wide room in basement, will it be sufficiant for a idle home theater?


Answer
Well there would be many factors to determine the ideal room size for a music or home theater system. Amount of people you want the room to support, the choice in speakers, placement , size screen, etc. would need to be determined to design the best system.

But as for your room, it is very narrow, that would be an issue for sound reasons, you will not get the big open sound from a setup on the short wall.

If your only going to have a few people at a time I would highly suggest doing a setup on the long wall. This will allow you to get a smaller screen (which will cut costs and allow you to get the best Tv possible)

With proper placement of speakers you will get a much bigger more open sound then if setup on the short wall.

So it depends on how many people your room is having to support.

The best place to go for speakers and equipment is your local independent high end audio video stores, as they carry the better brands of speakers and equipment and the salesmen at these stores have many years experience designing and setting up higher quality systems.

Kevin
40 years high end audio video specialist

Home Theater Design Template?




sdchap


I'm starting construction on our basement home theater & want the acoustics to be stunning (since I've invested far more on the hardware than I'd planned).
I also want it to look nice.
I've spent the requisite hours reviewing the postings at AVS Forums, etc. As a non-technical person who's slow on the uptake, with a limited budget, I'm more confused than ever.
Isn't there some sort of "template" I can use to build an acoustically tuned HT on a budget, given my room dimensions?
For example, I've used templates to calculate the optimal seating positions, acoustically and DTS.
But what about budget-minded materials & treatments for the ceiling, floors & walls? I have access to rock-wool.
I now know how to make budget bass-traps in the room's corners. I'd like to carpet the floor. That's it.

My room has poured concrete walls, ceiling and floor. It measures 160" x 229", with 91" a high ceiling.
It has a door in the middle of one of the shorter walls, and a tiny window in one long wall.
Sorry if I didn't make it clear, but I already own the equipment:
Receiver: Harmon Kardon AVR7000
Speakers: Vienna Acoustics Schönberg series
*Schönberg
*Berg
*Webern
*SVS PB10 Subwoofer
InFocus SP4805 Projector
OPPO DVD Player
GOO painted screen

Also, I live in a small village in Austria, so an on-sit consultation could be problematic.



Answer
try out a yamaha sound projector. i do custom electronics installation and i love them. you dont need to worry about acoustics and all that with the YSP. it shoots out beams of sounds and creates the surround sound effect without all the cost and labor. I think a YSP costs about $1000....i THINK. its easy to setup. if you really want a great theater. take a look at soundesigninc.com We do some great work.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar