californic
I recently bought a 56 inch Samsung plasma screen tv and because this is the first time I am investing in a home theater system, I have no idea on what to get for surround sound speakers. I just want to get four speakers that go up near the ceiling, but that's it. If anyone knows of any good quality and affordable speakers that I can buy, please let me know. Thank you!
PS, If the speakers can be bought at Best Buy, please let me know, because that is basically the only electronics store that is located in my area.
Answer
I think you have a 58 inch plasma. I dont remember Samsung making a 56....but anyway.
You just want 4 speakers?? well surround sound will usually be 5.1 and it will will have 6 total speakers. 4 surround, 1 center and 1 subwoofer. There is also 2.1 surround which will have 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer.
IF you want to go medium end then you probably want to go with the new onkyo 607(or 606 model previous) or the pioneer 1019(or 1018 previous too). Then you will need to buy a 5.1 speaker setup. Something Like the Klipsch link I attached or the Amazon link for the Polk Setup which is great and alot cheaper(was 399 at bestbuy).
Now if you want to spend less money overall. Go with what they call a HTIB(home theater in a box) It will come with all you need but make sure you have HDMI in with audio. Not "HDMI pass through" which will only do the video portion through HDMI. I linked a HTIB, but alot of times the subwoofers with these, dont sound good, the speakers do ok but the subs just cant keep up. I attached a Phillips system that gets really good reviews.
The Receivers I listed above you can get from Amazon a lot cheaper then from Best buy and you will have a good amount of HDMI inputs on each.
My opinion, if you can afford a Samsung of that size. Pick the receiver and the Polk speakers. You will be totally satisifed. Instead of the "well maybe I should have gotten".
I think you have a 58 inch plasma. I dont remember Samsung making a 56....but anyway.
You just want 4 speakers?? well surround sound will usually be 5.1 and it will will have 6 total speakers. 4 surround, 1 center and 1 subwoofer. There is also 2.1 surround which will have 2 speakers and 1 subwoofer.
IF you want to go medium end then you probably want to go with the new onkyo 607(or 606 model previous) or the pioneer 1019(or 1018 previous too). Then you will need to buy a 5.1 speaker setup. Something Like the Klipsch link I attached or the Amazon link for the Polk Setup which is great and alot cheaper(was 399 at bestbuy).
Now if you want to spend less money overall. Go with what they call a HTIB(home theater in a box) It will come with all you need but make sure you have HDMI in with audio. Not "HDMI pass through" which will only do the video portion through HDMI. I linked a HTIB, but alot of times the subwoofers with these, dont sound good, the speakers do ok but the subs just cant keep up. I attached a Phillips system that gets really good reviews.
The Receivers I listed above you can get from Amazon a lot cheaper then from Best buy and you will have a good amount of HDMI inputs on each.
My opinion, if you can afford a Samsung of that size. Pick the receiver and the Polk speakers. You will be totally satisifed. Instead of the "well maybe I should have gotten".
What is the best home stereo/theater equipment in your opinion?
randomosit
Right now I have a sunfire amp 200x5 and preamp, sony dvp9000es cd?dvd player, Nordost cables all around, And Martin Logan Request, Scripts and Theater center channel speakers as well. I was looking At EAD if I could find one. I sure there are better more affordable amps than Marke Levinson or Krell. Please let me know of any Ideas. Thanks.
Answer
I think that you have to look at a price point. You can get ( HI END ) amplifiers and speakers that cost as much as homes these days. If you are using Sunfire electronics and Martin Logans for speakers, it is very likely that you would have to spend a great deal more for a little better sound quality.
There are quite a few mid to high line amplifiers on the market that would give 85% of the big Levinson's and Krell's. It just depends on how much your wanting to spend. You can try a website called "Audiogon.com" and it's video counterpart, "Videogon.com".
Look into: Parasound, Pass, Bel Canto, McCormack, B&K, Muse, Classe, Bryston, Muse, PS Audio, Counterpoint, Arcam, Odyssey, Acurus and there are many, many more!
**Just a final thought, your Sunfire is every bit as good as any of these on the list, you will almost have to go "Very HI End" to surpass it, like a big Levinson or Krell.
Good Luck!
I think that you have to look at a price point. You can get ( HI END ) amplifiers and speakers that cost as much as homes these days. If you are using Sunfire electronics and Martin Logans for speakers, it is very likely that you would have to spend a great deal more for a little better sound quality.
There are quite a few mid to high line amplifiers on the market that would give 85% of the big Levinson's and Krell's. It just depends on how much your wanting to spend. You can try a website called "Audiogon.com" and it's video counterpart, "Videogon.com".
Look into: Parasound, Pass, Bel Canto, McCormack, B&K, Muse, Classe, Bryston, Muse, PS Audio, Counterpoint, Arcam, Odyssey, Acurus and there are many, many more!
**Just a final thought, your Sunfire is every bit as good as any of these on the list, you will almost have to go "Very HI End" to surpass it, like a big Levinson or Krell.
Good Luck!
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar