vin_diddy
I'm putting a home theater in my basement what should I use for wall beside the acoustic panels. drywall, carpet, wood, etc???
Answer
This is an area that I have had least success with. The two home theatres I have built don't have ideal acoustics (not bad, but could be better despite my attempts to address acoustic issues during design), and I suggest a more specialized forum for authoritative advice (See the 1st and 2nd links)
That said, you really want a mix of reflective and absorptive material otherwise the room will be either too bright (all drywall) or too dull (all tile, drapes, foam panels, etc.).
One guideline I have read is to have about 1/3 of the wall surface be some form of absorptive material (e.g. acoustic tile, foam, drapes), and the floor have a carpet or rug at least near the front of the room.
Bass standing waves can be a problem, but can be tamed with "bass traps" (See 3rd link for ONE approach).
Of course you need to setup your equipment properly and "calibrate" the audio for speaker setup and the room.
Hope this helps.
This is an area that I have had least success with. The two home theatres I have built don't have ideal acoustics (not bad, but could be better despite my attempts to address acoustic issues during design), and I suggest a more specialized forum for authoritative advice (See the 1st and 2nd links)
That said, you really want a mix of reflective and absorptive material otherwise the room will be either too bright (all drywall) or too dull (all tile, drapes, foam panels, etc.).
One guideline I have read is to have about 1/3 of the wall surface be some form of absorptive material (e.g. acoustic tile, foam, drapes), and the floor have a carpet or rug at least near the front of the room.
Bass standing waves can be a problem, but can be tamed with "bass traps" (See 3rd link for ONE approach).
Of course you need to setup your equipment properly and "calibrate" the audio for speaker setup and the room.
Hope this helps.
Does anybody know if acoustic engineers will come to a home to evaluate the room for acoustics... read details?
.... Acoustics and reverb manly for a home theater setup. I just want a engineer to help me design a theater room properly. I could just buy acoustic panels, but I know it's just as important to place them properly in the room otherwise it just as if you don't have them at all.
Answer
Everyone has their price........not everyone has the money. Especially for bona fide acoustic engineers. But......yes. You may have to search a little bit. There are some sources that will work from blueprints and photos. Look on the internet. Start with a google on home acoustics. Check some sites. Make some calls. I found plenty of potential sources in less than a minute with no effort. You might want to do a little research before you start talking so you can make some educated decisions.
Everyone has their price........not everyone has the money. Especially for bona fide acoustic engineers. But......yes. You may have to search a little bit. There are some sources that will work from blueprints and photos. Look on the internet. Start with a google on home acoustics. Check some sites. Make some calls. I found plenty of potential sources in less than a minute with no effort. You might want to do a little research before you start talking so you can make some educated decisions.
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar