Desinging a Home Theater Room?




Ben


I am going to build a house. The Family Room will be the home theater room. The room is 16.5 x 15.4 with a 10' celing.
I wish to do the pre-wiring myself. But the overall layout, design, risers i need help with. I know what I want, but I need help with where all the items are going to be placed. I been all over the internet and visited tons of HT web sites. All I want is to give someone the room size and my ideas and go from their. Any ideas.



Answer
its not tht hard . if u know wht equipment u have thn it should be easy.
say u have 5.1 sound thn lay basic setup and run auto calibration if it comes with that system . and u are goodto go.
another tip , with the wiring try to keep wiring as minimum as possible to aoid quality loss and get good quality wires

Building a Awesome Home Theater?




p.pal


First of all, we are making our own house and its gonna be ready in an year or maybe less than that. I wanna make a home theater room too.

TV or HD projector or HD 3D projector?
- I know I'm not gonna get TV instead I'm gonna get projector and im confused should I get a 3D HD projector or the normal HD projector. Again, house is gonna be ready in an year or maybe less than that and its still in the planning process. If u look at the future which one should i get? I saw in some website that LG made a new 3D projector thats coming in May next year and cost 10,000 bucks. I dont wanna buy outdated technology and then upgrade it.
Screen Size?
How big should the room should be? I wanna get biggest possible screen size like 200 inch or maybe more than that =p.
I will consult with home theatre expert guy how to design a room and everything.
Sound isn't a issue as thats the easy part to figure out but again suggestions are very welcome. Sound system? speakers? cost?
Again its not something I wanna spend huge amount of money. Let's say around $20,000

Thanks :D



Answer
First congratulations on your new home. I hope your home theater project is a fun one. I would agree that you should consult a professional, you should investigate your local independent hi-end audio video stores as they carry the better brands of equipment and the salesmen generally have years of experience to help you design the right system for your needs. Your dealer will play a vital role in not only designing and installing the system but with any service and issues you may have in the future.

There are numerous things to consider when designing a home music or home theater system, and since your home is being built this would be a good time to consider some of the things that may be needed and will save you time and money. Most builders will not allow you to come in during construction and add any additional wiring needed but you may be able to talk to him in adding conduits that will allow you later to pull wires to the locations you will need them. You might also get him to add any additional electrical or venting you may need. If you will have attic access later on then it will not be a concern but if not then you should strongly think about getting any options added before walls are closed.

First thing you will want to figure out is the layout of the room, screen, projector and seating. Next most high end 'home theater" systems have equipment rooms were all the equipment is located, which will need again proper amounts of power, and ventilation. You will need cable or satelite and internet pulled to this location. You then will need speaker wire (or better yet) conduit so you can pull any type of speaker cable you want, or change it when desired. You will also want a conduit to in the rough location of the projector and electrical there as well. Lighting should also be considered.

Suggestion on electrical power to all locations; When pulling dedicated lines make sure the electrician pulls all dedicated line from one side or your electrical panel as this assures they are in phase. This will minimize any ground loop issues. All electrical panels coming into you home come in with 220volts. They then split the 220volts to 110volts to each side of the panel. Each side is 180 degrees out of phase to the other, and when sharing a common ground any equipment on electrical outlets that are out of phase with one another and sharing a common ground you will get ground loop issues, or noises. This goes for the projector as well. When pulling conduit have him use the Plastic flexable conduit with no or very slight bends to you can be assured not to have difficulty pulling any cables, and the larger the diameter the better so you do not have issues.

As far as equipment; which is the fun part lol. Your certainly going to get many different opinions on what is good and what isn't, even trade magazines will give you conflicting recommendations. If your doing any research on your own, (which Im sure you will) read the better trade magazines like Perfect Vision, or Absolute Sound, Wide Screen Review, Stereophile, these are highly respected magazines as they review the better equipment and the reviewers are very knowledgeable with many years of experience. Unfortunately there is a tremendous amount of poor information out there and its really up to you do decipher who is giving you the best advice. Certainly you independent dealer should be your ultimate guide if they have the knowledge and experience.

I have written many articles on hi end home audio and video systems and I have started to post some of them in my forum that your welcome to read, and hopefully they will give you some insight to what is important in a system.

Your more then welcome to email me with any questions as I have extensive experience in designing and building some of the very finest in hi-end home audio and video systems.

I started writing you some recommendations on products and ideas but ran out of room as they dont give you much space lol. So feel free to email me and will be happy to give you more information.


Kevin
40 years hi-end audio video specialist




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar