stereo speakers in living room.?

Q. i use two stereo music speakers for my home theater. my living room has 3 walls, and then an open space leading a long way to the kitchen. right now the tv and stereo speakers are in front of one of the side walls, with the couch against the other side wall, the distance from couch to tv and sound system the shortest it could be. if i moved the speakers and tv to the back wall of the room and put the couch farther from it, with more space between and a lot of space behind us (the couch) how will effect sound as far as clear voices and deep bass, and in general? would it be better or worse for stereo sound?


Answer
I tend to agree with Kevin L re neeeding a better idea of the room, etc. That said, with stereo speakers I can make some general comments.

- The prime listening position should be one point of an equilateral triangle with the 2 speakers at the other two points. That said, speakers about 10 feet apart is about as much as you should go. This defines speaker spacing.
- speakers in corners will tend to emphasize bass
- don't put speakers right up against walls or (other than tower speakers) right on the floor
- toe-in and height require experimentation.
- openings (such as you have with the open wall) will impact sound ... but so will room dimensions, shape, materials, furniture, size, etc. and while the effect will differ depending on where the speakers are placed how this will impact the sound requires experimentation.

Consider the above, and the information at the linked articles and I'm sure you can optimize your setup with a bit of experimentation.

Home Audio Subwoofer setup...opinions?




PBPhreak


Ok, so I have some car audio I want to use at home. I have worked out power supplies and all that. I have some more general questions.

Me and my girl are getting an apartment together. My futon (that has 4 drawers / compartments under it) is going in the living room / entertainment room. I am going to use either of teo setups.

1) I have 2-10" subs powered by a 600watt amplifier. They would go on the far left / right compartments.

2) I have 2 (but would only use one) 1900watt subs w/ corresponding amps. This one sub would go in middle.

Now, I could always build a endtable / sub box. But I am wondering if you all have any setup ideas? Is 600watts enough to be felt inside a house? Or would a 1900watt woofer rattle the hell outta the place?
I do have a home theatre system. It has the 4 surround and a center speaker. The sub system would be adjustable in volume as well as have a on / off switch. I found a couple of old pioneer speaker towers I could retrofit for use with them...lol



Answer
Oh my gosh! I feel sorry for your neighbors! OK let me start by answering your last question first. Heck yeah that would definitely rattle your neighbor's pictures off the walls! As for setup ideas, sounds like an awful lot of wiring involved and do the two of you plan on sitting on this futon while all this rumbling is going on? And I hear no mention of any speakers to carry your mids and highs. A good home theater setup includes a center speaker, a right front, a left front, both right and left rear speakers and a sub woofer to handle the low frequencies...you definitely have the lows covered here my friend...but geeeeez! The amps and speakers would be an awesome addition to your car's audio, but I'd buy a reasonably priced home theater system (six speaker, sub woofer included) this will be a much cleaner look and they sound great!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar