Could someone please tell me the basics of setting up a Home Theater?




.


Hi there. I'd like to set up a Home theater in my basement but have no idea where to start and how it all works. So could someone please explain some of the steps? What do i need to have a good home theater experience?

Money is not a concern. Willing to go the expensive route if required.



Answer
You don't want home theaters in a box =HTIB. The sound system is cheap and crappy, and they only act as disc players and do not allow you to add more devices to it.

Equipment you need for a good home theater experience.
- HD-receiver (amplifier and for hooking up surround sound speakers, you also hook up other devices to it).
- Surround sound speakers for audio.
- HD-TV (Not a fan of projectors).
- Blu-ray player+blu-ray discs for hd videos on your hd-tv, and hd surround sound audio for your hd-receiver.
- Cable box or satellite to view tv channels and if you get one, make sure it can view the hd tv channels for your hd-tv for video and hd-receiver for hd surround sound audio.

Now I'm not sure what you have already.

You have to have a tv first, there is two paths you can take depending on what you got.

- If you already have a non hd-tv, it cannot do anything in hd, but you should get a hd-receiver and surround sound speakers that plug/wire into/onto the HD-receiver because you can still get surround sound.
- If you got the hd-receiver and surround sound speakers first, you can later upgrade your old tv to a hd-tv and then either get a blu-ray player+blu-ray discs to watch your movies in both hd video/audio and/or cable box/satellite for your hd tv video channels.

- If you already have a hd-tv or no tv at all, then you got to get a hd-tv first, then I would get a blu-ray player to watch movie videos in hd and/or get a cable box/satellite to watch some tv video channels in hd.
- If you got the hd-tv first with something to watch in hd, you can then later get a hd-receiver+surround sound speakers.

If you got everything, you will need hdmi cables to connect your devices.
- 1st hdmi cable to hdmi out on devices(blu-ray player or computer.ect) to hdmi in on hd-receiver for audio, then 2nd hdmi cable to hdmi out on hd-receiver to hdmi in on hd-tv for video.

If you only got a hd tv and something like a blu-ray player or a computer that has online/downloaded videos on it.
- Hdmi out on blu-ray and/or computer to hdmi in on hd-tv for tv video and tv audio.

Now you know what you need and how to start.

Additional information, you should wait for blu-rays (discs) to go on sale and are only like $3-5, you don't want to pay more than $9.99.
- Some blu-rays come with dvd's and additional movies + special features.
- Best buy allows you to turn in your dvd's, and you can buy something in blu-ray for $5 cheaper.

You will have to ask another question in order for me to explain what type of tv, receiver.ect that is good to get because I do not have enough room to explain them.

What is the best home theater all around?




Nox b


I am looking to buy a full home theater. TV, Sound System, Blu Ray, Gaming systems. I really like the 46" to 65"" tv's. I really don't know what the best kind of tv is. Plasma, LCD, LED. I'm very confused. I just want the best kind of tv. Sound Systems...well i just have no idea what makes something like that good. Please suggestions would be amazing. Blu Ray....well i know that samsung and sony are great. but how about a ps3. I mentioned game systems. I already have a xbox 360 and i love it. now i want to get a ps3 for the few select games. Is the blu ray player in a ps3 really good? or should i buy a separate blu ray player to get the most out of my equipment? I guess all im asking is what all should I get to get the most out of a home theater? Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks.


Answer
If you want a real home theater, you need a projector and screen. No TV can match the experience of watching a movie (or playing a game) on a ten-foot screen. Completely different experience, it draws you in and makes it real.

Plus you can buy a good 1080p projector and screen for far less than the cost of a 60" plasma. 1080p projectors under $1000 are starting to appear, but if you want a good projector, spend about $1500-2500. This is what I would recommend, the price is down because a new model has been announced:
http://www.visualapex.com/Panasonic/projector-specifications.asp?for-the=PT-AE3000U

You also need a good sound system with a real subwoofer. You can spend thousands, but this system is about the best you can get for under $1000:
http://www.svsound.com/products-sys-sbs_black.cfm

The Blu-ray player in the PS3 is quite good, not much reason to get a separate player if you want the PS3 for games.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar