Ontario Vacation?

4 piece home theater seating
 on off-broadway venue: The Mint Theater on 43rd Street in NYC. The piece ...
4 piece home theater seating image



twinkLe


Hi

I am planning to go somewhere over the weekend. Can you help me plan it?

It has to be accessible by Coach canada, Greyhound or Via rail or go bus.

It has to be 3/4 hours withing toronto.

It has to be in ontario.

It has to have a beach/lake or some sort of water/swimming area.

Where can I go?



Answer
I would suggest Peterborough , Ontario where I live!
Firstly IT IS accessable by Greyhound / Coach Canada!

Secondly this is an overview of Peterborough ...

Peterborough is a city on the Otonabee River in central-eastern Ontario, Canada, 125 kilometres (78 mi) northeast of Toronto. The city of Peterborough, as of 2006, has a population of 74,898, while the census metropolitan area (CMA) has a population of 116,570 and presently ranks as the 33rd largest CMA in Canada. The current mayor of Peterborough is Paul Ayotte.

Peterborough is known as the gateway to the "cottage country" of the Kawarthas, a large recreational region of the province. The city is the seat of Peterborough County.


Landmarks and notable institutions
Peterborough & the Kawarthas offers a multitude of attractions and events for all demographics. Rich in heritage, the region is host to an amazing array of museums, cultural exhibitions, indoor and outdoor galleries and theatres, Aboriginal heritage attractions and historical sites, as well as a vibrant arts community.

The Trent-Severn Waterway passes through Peterborough and includes the Peterborough Lift Lock, the world's largest hydraulic lift lock, which opened in 1904. It is also the world's highest lift lock with a rise of 65 feet (19.8 m).

Del Crary Park is a large urban greenspace on Little Lake, located in close proximity to downtown Peterborough that is also home of the Peterborough Yacht Club. Free outdoor events and concerts are held here during the summer months, including the international Festival of Lights fireworks displays, Wednesday and Saturday evenings from June through August. The Art Gallery of Peterborough, opened in 1974, is situated on the shore of Little Lake beside Del Crary Park and features 1004 pieces from around the world.

Showplace Performance Centre is a 647 seat, state of the art performance facility located downtown that opened in 1996. The Canadian Canoe Museum, located on Monaghan Road, is a unique national heritage centre that explores the canoe's enduring significance to the peoples of Canada.

We also have Summer Festival of Lights - free concert series and fireworks, Wednesdays and Saturdays from June to August, Del Crary Park

Season after season Peterborough & the Kawarthas continue to offer a multitude of experiences to our visitors.

Springtime in the region is alive with maple syrup festivals, sugar bush tours and the beginning of an active fishing season. Our summers are known for the large number of outdoor experiences including water activity on the Trent-Severn Waterway, summer theatre & musical entertainment under the stars and golfing on more than a dozen courses. The area boasts a number of fairs and festivals in autumn that are enhanced by the enchanting colours of the season. In the winter you can skate on the canal before cuddling up with a hot chocolate at one of our premier restaurants or accommodations.

Throughout the year, Peterborough & the Kawarthas offer unique shopping opportunities in a multitude of venues.

Whether you're looking for an outdoor adventure, a relaxing holiday or everything in between, let our region embrace you with its own brilliant personality!

Here is a link to The Visitor Page for more information

http://www.peterborough.ca/visiting.htm...

Good Luck and Enjoy!

What material should I use to build an elevation in my home theatre room?




Nashwa A


I want to build 2 elevations. They will be about 1 metre wide. The back step should be 500mm off the ground, and the one in the front should be 250mm off the ground. I was just wondering what material to use for this. I am in Australia, and timber is readily available, but I want to do it as cheap as possible, but at the same time i don't want the seats to collapse. EACH row will have 5 RECLINERS on it. I thought of using pine, but unfortunately nothing comes 500mm wide (so I can get the height). Unless I nail two pieces together (on top of each other, with cross bracing), but would that be sufficient? I also saw someone else on the internet who used 18mm MDF, cut in the height that he wants, could I use MDF? Or should I brace 2 x pieces of pine together, or is there another option? I will OBVIOUSLY run bearers (or cross bracing). Thanks heaps.


Answer
Make a framework with 2 x 4's (or whatever is close in metric), and "skin" it with MDF. That will provide the lateral stability, so that the structure won't "parallelogram collapse".




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar