Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Houston is a backwards city.?

home theatre seating houston
 on ... Theaters new $16-million arts facility | Chicago Theater Beat
home theatre seating houston image



albert1usa


I've lived in Houston for five years, prior to that I grew up in Los Angeles but wanted to try something different while I went to school; however since being here I noticed that this city is not as progressive as many have said it was. I believe Houston is very closed minded to change and do not really like giving opportunities to those not part of the club. I've been told that Houston is a city that does business on the fact of who one knows and not what they know. I also find this city to be racist, I don't know if I'd like to raise a family in this city.


Answer
Okay. I will correct you. Houston is not a backwards city. I have lived in Houston for a very long time. I have seen Houston grow in size and in national standing. She is second only LA in number of cinema seats. She is second only to NYC in number of live theater seats. She has world class art. She has major league sports teams. She has third largest port in the nation. She has the biggest medical complex on the face of the earth. She has a low cost of living.

Houston has not had a major racial riot since 1917. Los Angeles certainly cannot make that claim. We have a tendency to get along with others. I have seen lots of ugly behavior on television between folks in the LA area. Houston has housing costs within reach of most people and I mean for home ownership not just renting. We do get tropical weather and lots of warning with it, but we do not get earthquakes which give little or no warning in any event.

I do not have a clue what you are talking about when you say Houston only gives opportunities to those in some sort of club. To that I say, HOGWASH. She affords many opportunities to anyone willing to come and work towards their goal. As far as being a racist city??? I fail to see what you are talking about. I have lived here 10 times longer than you have and have lived the last 22 years in a racially and culturally mixed neighborhood. I don't see racism. Did you know that most folks who live in Houston today either are the children of folks who came here for work or came here for work themselves? It is true. And you know what?? Many of those folks came here with the intention of not raising a family here because "where they came from was superior" then ended up falling in love with Houston. I feel fortunate to have had the privilege of raising my children in Houston. It is a great place to raise kids. But if you don't want to raise a family here, that is fine. This is a free country and you have the right to pursue your own brand of happiness. If it is not in Houston where you desire to bring up kids, then pick up roots and move to wherever it is that will absolutely melt your butter. BUT just understand that a whole lot of whether we like something or not is dependent on whether we DECIDE to like it.

Rudeness at the Movies?




maria


In spite of the distractions, people still go to the movies. Why? why people still pay to see movies in theaters instead of âfor example â staying home and watching television or renting movies to show on their DVDâs.


Answer
Some people don't have the heavy duty sound system and screen. Putting up with the other people and lack of control of pausing the movie are easily better for someone who has a 27 inch tv and no THX certified surround sound mega-system.

I've actually been going to a place called the Movie Tavern when I happen to be in Houston. It is a neat idea. Same hardware as a regular theater. But, you get high backed seats around tables and have waiters to bring drinks, food and etc. Big 24 ounce glasses w/ free refills. Has the same food selection as a Chili's or other "hip" eating joint.
At 5 bucks a ticket, it is well worth the price.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar