What receiver and remote should I get?

6 piece home theater seating
 on piece counter height table set by apa by whalen rio rancho 5 piece ...
6 piece home theater seating image



Tommy


I'm just about finished setting up my home theater. It is a dedicated theater with 3 rows of seats and no windows. I have a sony vpl-vw100 projector, 7.1 surround sound (svs pb/12 subwoofer, axiom surrounds, and B&W for the other speakers), and am trying to decide on a receiver and universal remote. I'm leaning toward getting satelite for the HD programming, but I haven't decided yet.

I almost bought the denon 4306 receiver, but I won't need one till mid september so I wanted to wait to see what comes out. I'm also going to put a game console, a replay tv, and a DVD player. Any suggestions on the receiver and remote?



Answer
This is a question with many answers since everyone has there own opinion.
This is really a question of what your budjet is. If you can afford it I would (and do) use Lexicon. The new MC12HD does have HDMI switching if you are really set on it, but you can also use an external hdmi switcher. This is only a preamp though, so you would need a seperate amp. You could certainly get buy with the MC4 which is much less, but is basically an MC12 with less inputs/outputs and doesn't allow for internal upgrade cards for future technologies.
If you are set on a Receiver the Lexicon RV-8 is also an awesome piece of gear.
If your budjet doesn't allow, i would opt for any of the Denon receivers over the 3800 series. I have installed plenty of Denon products and they have a very low failure rate, and nice features.
Great bang for buck.
If you can afford it, go with the seperates (preamp/amp combo).

As for remotes, if you like the touchscreen wow factor, I like the AMX Modero Viewpoint. This is a highend automation system really though not just a remote, and will likely cost 6-10k installed and programmed.
The lesser cost for a touchscreen would be the MX-3000 by Universal Remote or the Pronto Pro by Philips. they are both similiar in functionality. If you are having an install company do the programming for you make sure you see some of their work before you buy, the remote is only as good as the programmer!
If you like to feel the buttons, I would go for the MX-850. the button layout is great and still allows for some custom text on the lcd buttons.

About me:
I have been in the Home Theater / Automation industry for 8yrs.
I am THX Tech II certified.
Iam AMX Installer certified
Iam AMX Programmer II certified.
(i do freelance work too!) - IM rhurson

What are some fun things to do when babysitting?




Ron Weasle


i have to babysitt a little 6 year old girl, and i have run out of fun ideas! We have gone for walks everywhere, we play at the park all the time, we watch t.v. we bake, we make playdough we do everything!!!! she always says she has fun but i want to do something different!

BEST ANSWER 10 POINTS!!!! AN EASY 10 POINTS!



Answer
Ha ha, I know how you feel. I have a 7 year old and five year old brother!

Here are some things Ive done with the boys, and other things I've done with a little girl I used to babysit:

1. Bubbles
2. Treasure Hunt
3. Face Painting
4. Make Ice Cream (Very simple, bag with ice and salt, milk and flavoring in another bag, Shake it up)
5. Paint her nails, or if she cant wear nail polish, let her paint yours.
6. Dress up.
7. Take the training wheels off of her bike and teach her how to ride
8. Pudding Paint
9. Make tinfoil Frames and use toothpicks to design them
10. Make bracelets with beads
11. Make a fort with bed sheets and chairs
12. Find a place outside (open field, patch in the forest, spot in the backyard) where only you and her can go make it your own pretend world and let her be the Queen (like Bridge to Terabithia)
13. have a movie day set the living room up like a theatre, bake cookies, make popcorn get blankets.
14. Make a new board game, cut and color pieces, glue together cardboard.
15. Let her make up another game, she gets to make the rules.
16. Play pet shop with her stuffed animals, make signs, feed them, make their homes.
17. Play restaurant, get her dolls let her seat them give her a notepad and let her write. You can get down the plastic plates and bowls etc...
18. let her do your hair or make-up
19. Plant something
20. make pudding pops

Hope this helps, have fun =D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar