Rashid
Hello. I am building me a new house soon, and I am dedicating a huge new room for a home theater. Here are my questions and please excuse me if some of them seem stupid I'm pretty new.
-I live in the middle east, and I am adamant about getting a region 1 (american) Blu-ray projector, projector screen, Blu ray player and discs. I'm pretty sure I can do that, but are there any special things I need to use in order to make that happen?
-Can I get a 1080p Blu-ray screen costume fitted for the wall of the room/auditorium? I need one that plays all aspect ratio's and can play both Blu-ray and DVD discs perfectly on the big screen.
-What projector should I get? I need the newest and most expensive if it has too that plays 1080p HD Blu-ray and regular DVD Films. I also need one that plays 3D films, because now Blu ray sets are released with 3D films now. Which Blu ray player should I get that plays all of the things I previously mentioned?
Thank you so much, please don't be hesitant to leave long detailed answers. Thank you.
Answer
Region 1 should not be a problem, only the DVD/Blu-ray player is effected by this so just buy that in the US.
The screen should be 2.4:1 aspect or greater with motorized masking on the ends. This will enable you to build a CIH (Constant Image Height) system. You will use video scaling to stretch high aspect content vertically to fill the 16:9 imaging device in the projector and you will use an anamorphic lens to stretch the image horizontally back to the correct aspect ratio. This will be critical to your playing all aspect ratios without black bars on the screen. This is an anamorphic lens... http://www.prismasonic.com/english/index.shtml Most anamorphic lenses are fixed value and must be moved in front of or away from the projector depending on the aspect of the video. The Prismasonic lens is adjustable so it doesn't have to move out of the light path. Being adjustable also gives you the advantage of being able to fit the stretch properly to the aspect ratio. If there were only 2.35:1 and 1.77:1 a fixed lens would be ok but there are several aspect ratios so a fixed lens only approximates. You will need video scaling along with this for the vertical stretch. Anthem preamp/processors like the D2v include very good video scaling. Some projectors also have scaling built in or you can buy an external video scaler.
As for projectors, I like the JVC but it depends on how big your screen is, throw distance etc. If it's large enough, you may need a more commercial projector.
For loudspeakers you should go custom. I've never heard a commercially built loudspeaker that I thought was really all that good. They offer all kinds of nonsense marketing to argue astronomical prices including exotic cone materials etc but few offer any real acoustic engineering. While some of the little oddities they offer might be beneficial, what little they gain in this is lost to overall poor acoustic engineering. The problem will be finding someone with the skills to design the system for you. Personally I would suggest you go with a large CBT (Constant Beamwidth Transducer) array. http://www.xlrtechs.com/dbkeele.com/CBT.php These speakers have the advantage of a very well controlled dispersion which reduces the need for proper room treatment. Line arrays in general offer tremendous dynamics due to the larger amount of radiating surface area. That leading edge of transients in music and in movie sound effects can be dramatically more life like with any good line array than a more conventional 2-way or 3-way speaker. There is simply no comparison! The CBT offers the dynamics of a line array without the high frequency beaming problems of a typical straight line array. I use a CBT array for the center speaker in my home theatre... http://mfk-projects.com/center_speaker.htm For my mains I use shaded straight line arrays but will likely eventually replace them with CBT arrays. You will need to find someone that can follow Keele's articles to build these for you or contact D.B. Keele. He may be willing to design a system for you and possibly build it for you.
For bass, huge amounts of radiating surface area is essential. Your typical 12" or 15" sub just doesn't cut it even if you use a couple of them. The problem isn't necessarily a lack of output but rather a lack of acoustic coupling to the air mass in the room. A small area moving a lot will never have the same impact as a large area moving a little. Also, box woofers will never have the same dynamics or bass detail of open baffle (dipole) woofers. I use large dipole woofer systems utilizing a total of twenty four 15" woofers... http://mfk-projects.com/theatre_woofer.htm This works very well to the lowest room mode but for ultra low frequency you will want to switch to infinite baffle instead of dipole.
For general ideas on home theatres look at the AVS Forum... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19 You can get a lot of ideas from examples of others. Also keep in mind things like how you want to do the seating etc. You will want seat risers for example. You won't need "bass shakers" in the seats if you do the woofer system right... the whole room will shake! Colors are important, use textured paints to help diffract light off the walls... Study for awhile before you start so you don't make stupid color mistakes on the first go around like I did. What looked good on the color cards at Home Depot made me want to puke once it was on the walls.
mk
Region 1 should not be a problem, only the DVD/Blu-ray player is effected by this so just buy that in the US.
The screen should be 2.4:1 aspect or greater with motorized masking on the ends. This will enable you to build a CIH (Constant Image Height) system. You will use video scaling to stretch high aspect content vertically to fill the 16:9 imaging device in the projector and you will use an anamorphic lens to stretch the image horizontally back to the correct aspect ratio. This will be critical to your playing all aspect ratios without black bars on the screen. This is an anamorphic lens... http://www.prismasonic.com/english/index.shtml Most anamorphic lenses are fixed value and must be moved in front of or away from the projector depending on the aspect of the video. The Prismasonic lens is adjustable so it doesn't have to move out of the light path. Being adjustable also gives you the advantage of being able to fit the stretch properly to the aspect ratio. If there were only 2.35:1 and 1.77:1 a fixed lens would be ok but there are several aspect ratios so a fixed lens only approximates. You will need video scaling along with this for the vertical stretch. Anthem preamp/processors like the D2v include very good video scaling. Some projectors also have scaling built in or you can buy an external video scaler.
As for projectors, I like the JVC but it depends on how big your screen is, throw distance etc. If it's large enough, you may need a more commercial projector.
For loudspeakers you should go custom. I've never heard a commercially built loudspeaker that I thought was really all that good. They offer all kinds of nonsense marketing to argue astronomical prices including exotic cone materials etc but few offer any real acoustic engineering. While some of the little oddities they offer might be beneficial, what little they gain in this is lost to overall poor acoustic engineering. The problem will be finding someone with the skills to design the system for you. Personally I would suggest you go with a large CBT (Constant Beamwidth Transducer) array. http://www.xlrtechs.com/dbkeele.com/CBT.php These speakers have the advantage of a very well controlled dispersion which reduces the need for proper room treatment. Line arrays in general offer tremendous dynamics due to the larger amount of radiating surface area. That leading edge of transients in music and in movie sound effects can be dramatically more life like with any good line array than a more conventional 2-way or 3-way speaker. There is simply no comparison! The CBT offers the dynamics of a line array without the high frequency beaming problems of a typical straight line array. I use a CBT array for the center speaker in my home theatre... http://mfk-projects.com/center_speaker.htm For my mains I use shaded straight line arrays but will likely eventually replace them with CBT arrays. You will need to find someone that can follow Keele's articles to build these for you or contact D.B. Keele. He may be willing to design a system for you and possibly build it for you.
For bass, huge amounts of radiating surface area is essential. Your typical 12" or 15" sub just doesn't cut it even if you use a couple of them. The problem isn't necessarily a lack of output but rather a lack of acoustic coupling to the air mass in the room. A small area moving a lot will never have the same impact as a large area moving a little. Also, box woofers will never have the same dynamics or bass detail of open baffle (dipole) woofers. I use large dipole woofer systems utilizing a total of twenty four 15" woofers... http://mfk-projects.com/theatre_woofer.htm This works very well to the lowest room mode but for ultra low frequency you will want to switch to infinite baffle instead of dipole.
For general ideas on home theatres look at the AVS Forum... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19 You can get a lot of ideas from examples of others. Also keep in mind things like how you want to do the seating etc. You will want seat risers for example. You won't need "bass shakers" in the seats if you do the woofer system right... the whole room will shake! Colors are important, use textured paints to help diffract light off the walls... Study for awhile before you start so you don't make stupid color mistakes on the first go around like I did. What looked good on the color cards at Home Depot made me want to puke once it was on the walls.
mk
Home school questions?
HollywoodD
Okay, so currently I attend public school as a junior and during the winter (January) of my sophomore year I came down with a raised epstein bar which the doctor said was either mono or chronic fatigue syndrome. I was out of school for 8 weeks and didn't go full days then because of the fatigue. I was fine for May and June and part of July, but then I relapsed on the epstein symptoms which took two weeks to recover, with plenty of sleep, as it was summer. I recovered with two weeks to spare of summer and was fine for the start of school. However, it is now the 3rd day of school and my lymph nodes are rock hard and I feel very tired. My whole family is concerned, and the idea just hit me today that homeschool might be a good option for me, although I don't know how my parents would take the news, seeing as they are busy, Type A people. I am very driven myself, and need lots of individual attention to succeed and the more I research home school, the more I think I'd do better than public high school. And also, weighing out my health issues, this is another plus. Does anyone have an opinion on high school homeschooling as to what it's good for and what it's like? I'm also involved in theater and writing activities so how would I keep up with extra curriculars? How can I convince my parents? Do you also agree I'm asking a lot of questions? So just wanted to say THX to anyone who answers!
Answer
My high school age daughter currently home schools and loves it! We are in a state where the curriculum isn't dictated by the state, only the number of hours instruction must be. This allows us to focus more on the courses she has the most interest in rather than having a few elective options provided by the district. Since I am not sure of your state or its regulations, your parents would need to find out what may or may not be required. They can check at the site I've linked below, simply choose your state and click on it.
Considering your health issues and the physical requirements of attending public school, home education may be of help to you, yes.
As for your extra curricular activities, your parents would need to discuss those specific to the public school with those in charge at the school. Depending on the size of the community you live in, these sorts of activities can also be easily supplemented with groups other than those associated with the school, for instance a community theater group.
The best thing, in my opinion, is to bring the subject up with your parents and be willing to openly talk about it. Listen to their views just as you wish for them to listen to yours.
Good luck! :)
My high school age daughter currently home schools and loves it! We are in a state where the curriculum isn't dictated by the state, only the number of hours instruction must be. This allows us to focus more on the courses she has the most interest in rather than having a few elective options provided by the district. Since I am not sure of your state or its regulations, your parents would need to find out what may or may not be required. They can check at the site I've linked below, simply choose your state and click on it.
Considering your health issues and the physical requirements of attending public school, home education may be of help to you, yes.
As for your extra curricular activities, your parents would need to discuss those specific to the public school with those in charge at the school. Depending on the size of the community you live in, these sorts of activities can also be easily supplemented with groups other than those associated with the school, for instance a community theater group.
The best thing, in my opinion, is to bring the subject up with your parents and be willing to openly talk about it. Listen to their views just as you wish for them to listen to yours.
Good luck! :)
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar