Tony P.
Now I really need helps from those audiophiles of you, or just anyone who has an idea about their differences. I recently bought a home theater kit (Insignia) for $99, including 5 speakers, 1 subwoofer, and a base (it's called a DVD scanner in their description). Everything is made out of hard plastic. The setup was easy and the surround sound was good in my opinion. Then my friend over sea told me that he spent $100 on a 5.1 speaker system, and another $100 on a receiver (both Onkyo). He said that it's better to do that. I don't know, I couldn't be there to compare. What do you think? Is it really worth it?
Answer
Well - both those prices are below sane for modest-but-decent gear.
Look - most of those $199-$399 home theaters in a box are basically DVD players with cheap attached speakers.
We get 5-20 whiny posts here a week from people that discover what they gave up for the low price. I have a full-sized receiver and I can watch TV channels in 5.1, I can watch BluRay and HD-DVD in 5.1. I can play my xbox games in 5.1 and watch computer videos from a small media server in 5.1 because I have lots of spare inputs.
I have also traded up my speakers several times as deals and my budget allow. The all-in-one systems cannot have any part traded out. When 1 part breaks - the whole thing must be tossed. (We get occasional posts here from people thinking they can re-use the speakers from their old system - no chance.)
So you get a LOT more flexibility with a full sized AV receiver.
Hit your local Craigslist. They have been making Dolby Digital AV receivers for fifteen years and you can find older-but-good gear for $100-$200. Stick with brands like Yamaha, Sony, Onkyo or Dennon and you will be fine.
Well - both those prices are below sane for modest-but-decent gear.
Look - most of those $199-$399 home theaters in a box are basically DVD players with cheap attached speakers.
We get 5-20 whiny posts here a week from people that discover what they gave up for the low price. I have a full-sized receiver and I can watch TV channels in 5.1, I can watch BluRay and HD-DVD in 5.1. I can play my xbox games in 5.1 and watch computer videos from a small media server in 5.1 because I have lots of spare inputs.
I have also traded up my speakers several times as deals and my budget allow. The all-in-one systems cannot have any part traded out. When 1 part breaks - the whole thing must be tossed. (We get occasional posts here from people thinking they can re-use the speakers from their old system - no chance.)
So you get a LOT more flexibility with a full sized AV receiver.
Hit your local Craigslist. They have been making Dolby Digital AV receivers for fifteen years and you can find older-but-good gear for $100-$200. Stick with brands like Yamaha, Sony, Onkyo or Dennon and you will be fine.
Home Theatre Accessories?
Sean
We recently got a new theatre, with blu-ray player, reciever, sound system, DVD player, DVR, xbox, wii etc. We just got $100 back from buying our TV, because we found it at a lower price, and the place we bought it from matched it, so, what should I buy with $100, I have a universal remote. But are there any cool things I can buy to add the the experience, like LED light sticks, or something to use with the plasma, (it's panasonic). Any ideas? any help would be appreciated!
Answer
This should tell you all you need to know about this issue
http://hometheaterprojectors-reviews.blogspot.com/
best cheap home theater accessories stores
http://astore.amazon.com/home.theater.projectors.1080p.reviews-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=78
This should tell you all you need to know about this issue
http://hometheaterprojectors-reviews.blogspot.com/
best cheap home theater accessories stores
http://astore.amazon.com/home.theater.projectors.1080p.reviews-20?_encoding=UTF8&node=78
Powered by Yahoo! Answers
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar