Any Ideas on a Projector for a Cheap Home Theatre Setup?




PGraves


I am wanting to set-up a home theatre projector at my house. Its primary purpose will be for watching DVDs and playing video games (i.e. Nintendo, XBox, etc.). I am not concerned with HDTV. The projector will need to sit between 15-23 feet from the screen. Additionally, I need the projector to be bright enough so that a little ambient light won't make it unviewable.

I was hoping to get a brand name, or reputable projector of some form, however I was hoping to not spend over $800 on the projector itself. This projector WILL NOT be my primary TV, it will ONLY be used when I want to watch a DVD or play a video game.

I was looking at the ViewSonic PJ556D, it looks like its designed for office presentations but I didnt know if there is any reason why I couldn't use it for my purpose? (I read somewhere that office-projectors migh not have the right color-wheel?)

Please provide me with recommended projectors meeting the previous requirements and/or ideas/things to look for :)
NOTE: Based off what I had read, I was looking at DLP projectors instead of LCD projectors.



Answer
The difference between HOME THEATER and MEDIA projectors is the VIDEO PROCESSING...A media projector is for hooking up a COMPUTER or even an HD source...And these look GREAT...But if you show ANYTHING with less picture quality, the image will suffer.

But a Home Theater projector has a built-in SCALER (video processor)...This takes ANY video source and "up-converts" it to a quality closer to a Hi-Def signal...The "Farujua DCDi" chip is one of the very BEST processors included in projectors.

But if you want to use a projector with "ambient" light, then you're going to spend some money...You can save HUNDREDS of dollars just by "blacking out" your living room...We hung a dark curtain over our window and went with this model...Looks great...Click right here: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/InFocus-ScreenPlay-Entertainment-Projector-SP-4805/sem/rpsm/oid/113968/catOid/-13322/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

And I know the folks will tell you that with those specs you won't get "TRUE" hi-def...But I'm telling you, that even with that resolution, we can tell the difference between DVD and HD (even the difference in "720p" and "1080i" signals).

I used to sell $20,000 Runco projectors and after checking the specs on the Infocus, I was sure it would suck...But you have to see it to believe it...It offers a truly amazing picture for the price...We love ours...But try it for yourself.

Help with a cheap home theatre solution?




SD


I am looking for a cheap home theatre solution ($100-200) I am a college student so im just looking for something that can provide with with surround in my bedroom when im watching blurays or playing games. my rooms only a 12x12 at the most so I dont need the sound to travel that far. I also dont mind wires running accross my walls. I dont need a dvd or a bluray player to be included I just want a set or speakers that come with a receiver in a package. If I can get away without needing a receiver and can run the speakers to my tv directly ill be open to listen to any ideas.
I would need a receiver to use those speakers they dont have one built in



Answer
This one is the best home theater.
Onkyo HT-S7200 (B) 7.1-Channel Home Entertainment Receiver/Speaker Package with Dock for the iPod
Technical Details
* 130 Watts per Channel at 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1%
* DTS-HD Master Audioââ¢, DTS-HD High Resolution Audioââ¢, DTS-HD Express
* Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Pro Logic IIz Decoding
* Audio and 1080p Video Processing via HDMI (5 Inputs and 1 Output)
* Deinterlacer with Faroudja DCDi Edgeâ⢠(Directional Correlational Deinterlacing) Technology




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar